"Who is good at make up", said a middle-aged woman across the room.
"I'm not too bad in make up", said two girls eagerly..
"Ok, then u girls can help me doing the make up..make that guy, on the forehead, looks like a bruise. Put this on..", pointing at a small box of toothpaste-like-tube.
Anne, this lady, suddenly turned to me and with a wide grin she said to me, " I know what I can do to you."
She quickly grapped a bottle of coffee and glycerin then passed it to another girl called Kat (who offered to do the make up), "Take this coffee and with a bit of glycerin, put it on the corner of her mouth to make it looks like (blood) dripping out of her mouth. And you (talking to me), you'll pretend that u have an internal injury. Try to act like u'r trying to protect ur stomach bcoz it's hurting so badly."
With a puzzled face, I gave her a nod.
That was one of the scenes on one Wednesday nite in Red Cross office. In the beginning, I was there merely to attend a meeting for Red Cross first aid volunteers. It's mentioned in my email that a first-aid-scenario exercise will be involved, but honestly, i had no idea what was goin to happen to me until i got there.
I offered to be one of the victims for the scenario, simply bcoz i thought it would be fun (n it turned out as what i expected... FUN...:])
After the make-up for all victims were finished (some had head injuries, burnt on their faces, hurt on the knees, breathing problem..and other sort of injuries related to explosion..<-- because the scenario was about explosion and the first aiders had to treat them), all of us were sent to the explosion scene. We were told to spread out and hide somewhere. Since I was supposed to be the hardest to find, guess where i was told to hide? Under a bench (in a park). N it was juz stopped raining..imagine..wet ground..under the bench, with only a long-sleeved T-shirt (courtesy of Red Cross for this exercise purpose )and my own T-shirt underneath, u can imagine how cold it was.
When i was told to hide under the bench, my first reaction was : Hah? Are u serious? Will there be any spiders down there? Eww...But i didnt say anything outloud tho..Anyway, imagine me..under the bench, with thin T-shirts, wet ground, freezing temp..bended feet (the space wasn't that big, so couldnt strecthed out my feet). While I was hiding and waiting for the first aiders to come..I heard one of those "victims" attempted to climb on a tree, to make the scene more dramatic..hahahha.
Guess wat happened next...??
No comments:
Post a Comment