I am not satisfied with Westpac Bank's service. Great and helpful phone banking service. But very disappointing customer service at one of the branches (the one I went to is Point Cook branch). I was enquiring about "withholding tax" recently. I was told "Have you lodged ur tax return? You can claim it back from there." Thooo.. I know that, but I have to wait until the following year since my account will not mature until early July and I don't want to wait. Oke.. to give her a credit, she did try to work things out. But it did not work. Somehow the system did not allow her to reverse the withholding tax problem even though I have my TFN recorded.
[The problem was actually due to their "stupid" system, that needs to manually load TFN number to every single account. In other words, even though your TFN is recorded in the system, it does not guarantee it will show up in whatever account you open..]
Guess what she asked me? "Are you a resident?" Thoooo.. Of course I am. I am not a noob!! Since I did not want to give up and kept pressing for a solution, I could tell from her face that she was getting a bit unhappy. The thing is: it happened before. Previously I was told I had to get things sorted out before my account matured, but now, she was telling me the opposite. WTH??? Another matter that pissed me off was the way she conveyed her point to me.. It was like I just came from overseas that knew nothing.. Also, she did not seem to care about my problem. "Whether u can claim it back this year or next year, it is [your problem] with the tax office.."
Nicely done indeed. I will not be using ur service anymore, unfortunately! I am one of your very very unsatisfied customers
No comments:
Post a Comment