Friday, August 27, 2010

Daffodils Day

First of all.. Happy Daffodils Day!! Today is the offical Daffodils Day. What is Daffodils Day? It is actually a fundraising activity to raise funds for cancer research, provide support for people who are affected directly or indirectly by cancer and raise awareness that cancer can affect anybody, in general..

12-hours shift! I can't believe I did it! But to be honest, I am a bit disappointed. Maybe it is just me.. I'm not sure. I know it's not ethical to judge people, but I just find it very disturbing (uneasy?) that so many people out there are just so ignorant. Every bits counts, no matter how much you donate.. I wonder how many people out there actually consider that how their $1 or even $0.50 maybe can make a difference to someone's life. Perhaps that can save someone else's life by detecting the presence of cancer earlier. I know it sounds stupid for you. You would think, "$0.50? Yea right.. you cant even buy a lollipop with that." You know what? 10 x $0.50 is $5! Imagine $100 x $0.50? You will get $50.

Never mind.. it is just me! I always get so worked up regarding collecting donation money. It SEEMS to me there are only 1% of the world's population who actually care about the wellbeing of others! Anyway, I better stop complaining about this stuff.. I don't want to offend anyone. It is merely my POINT OF VIEW. It does NOT matter anyway...

I was actually hoping to raise $1000 this year.. but never mind! forget it.. I lost hope in everybody basically. In two hours... I mean it, two hours!! I only got ONE reply! N that was a NO. Har har har.. No worries. I tried, so I guess I won't regret for not trying...

This was the beautifully set up stall by my bro n me
My little dougal-bear friends who were the best sellers!

I was impressed by a young girl about 10 or 12 years old who went against her mum to buy one of these bears. The thing she said actually was sooo.. I dunno how to describe it. Simple but deep n meaningful?
"They [to the people where the funds eventually go to..] need the money more than me"
Omg, I wanted just to hug her!! It was a simple sentence, but it moved me. I was literally touched by that..

 Anyway, have a good night!!

No comments: