Thursday, August 03, 2006

Waitress Vs Customer

At a restaurant..a few customers are having their lunch
Customer1: (raising his/her hand)
Waitress: (walks towards the customer) " Yes, can I help u?"
Customer1: " Can I have more chilli?"
Waitress: "Yeah sure..." (walks back to the counter to take chilli and then back to the customer with the chilli)

After 1 min...a fren of customer 1 raises his/her hand.

Waitress: (walks towards the 2nd customer) " Yes, can I help u?"
Customer2 : " Can I have more water?"
Waitress: " Yeap, sure" (walks back to counter to bring a jug of water)

After a while, the same incident happens again and again..the waitress ends up walking up and down to satisfy those customers (sitting on the same table!!!) needs...

>>> I wonder why they dont ask everything that they need on the same time so it will save the waitress' energy for not walking around the restaurant just to serve customers for the same table. Imagine that waitress was working by his/herself and it was a busy day...Have those customers ever considered by the end of the day the waitress would be exhausted? Imagine u r on the waitress' spot...will u be annoyed? Afterall, that waitress is not serving one table only..Imagine there are 100 customers per day and they are doing the same thing..I bet that waitress will quit his/her job the next day.

*Customers are superior* Have u ever heard of this saying? I think this is how customers perceive bout themselves. I wonder (again) have those customers ever thought of what they are paying for their meals maybe greater than the pay that waitress gets per hour? I'm sure they knew..but yet still make life difficult for waitresses...*sigh..

Sometimes I also wonder why customers can't even wait for only 1 more minute for a meal or maybe a glass of drink? It wont kill them for sure, will it? They simply show their "pissed-off" face to the waitress while asking for watever they've ordered.. eventhough they can tell that it is a busy period..Maybe those customers have to experience being a waitress themselves...What a world that we live in...

No comments: