Saturday, October 11, 2014

Update - October 2014

Believe it or not, that is the best title I could come up with at this stage. It has been awhile since my last post. It was a post when I was packing my life in Hunter Valley after one year (or roughly 2.5 years altogether working for Vale). It does seem so long ago yet it is not. Strange feeling, I know! I have decided to start blogging again but it's not easy to keep this promise. I will do my best :).

Let me start with where I am now with my life. This is the third month I am in my contract/fixed term role. I can't believe I have survived this long in Mac camp. Well, of course I did fly back to Melb every few weeks. Something I always look forward to without me realising it. It is indeed a bit different from my life back in Hunter Valley. Apart from that, there is nothing much I can complain about. free food and free accommodation, as well as desserts! Evil evil desserts!! Or maybe I just have a weak spot for desserts? :P

Work colleagues have been good to me too, even though I caused trouble every now and then. I feel grateful that they actually appreciate my effort to help. That definitely makes me feel a bit more confident in doing my job. Thanks guys (& my boss)! Unfortunately there is bad news too. This place will be put under care and maintenance. So, I have to start looking for another job or perhaps another career. *sigh..* Should I really consider it? A lot of people are supporting me. They have a good point, "If it's not now, you wouldn't have another chance." Should I really just go for it? Should I? Maybe I should give myself until the end of the year? Hmm.. decision, decision..

On the side note, I just want to thank my colleagues for making life in camp a bit better. I was invited to the pub to learn a bit on racing *uhuk.. gambling*. It was interesting but I won't get into it for sure. Also, how to play pool and golf! That's right! I went to play golf this morning. It wasn't as bad as my last experience although my hands are a bit red/sore now. Oh well, no pain no gain, hey! Anyway, until next time!

No comments: