Tuesday, July 01, 2014
False Alarm
It was a bit embarrassing to be honest. I was nervously (& still nervous until now) to find out the outcome of my interview last Thursday. What happened was I received an email about 8AM this morning. My gut feeling told me it must be about a job that I applied because that early in the morning I usually only get 2 new emails from daily job alerts that I subscribed. Eagerly opened that email and my heart sunk when I saw it was only a short email.
"Gosh, it is a rejection email," I thought to myself.
Had a quick read and it finally sunk in. Yes, I failed my boss. It's a rejection email from Aurecon. At that time, all I could think about was: I would be jobless afterall. Luckily I didnt raise my expectations too high. I was not disappointed.
I told a few friends about this and told my brother too. I received a few comforting messages, then I decided to go for a walk in the plant. Well no, crossed that. I decided to go and tell my boss. But he was not in his office. So, I went for my routine daily checks.
A few moments later, I went back to my office. Bumped into my second boss and told him the news. Almost cried! Luckily I didn't. Again, I received a few comforting words. He said he would tell my boss when he came back.
A few minutes later, there he was.. walked into my office. I told him the news. He looked shocked and couldn't believe it. He said he would make a few phone calls. I felt a bit out of the way for him to do that, so I said, " Are you sure?" Then I showed him the email.
He had a read and within seconds he picked up something wasn't right.
"WWait a minute. They used a recruitment agency? It's Aurecon Careers. Wait, what job is this?"
I was a bit bewildered and replied it was Process Engineer job. Then he questioned me if I applied for another job. I quickly searched my email for Aurecon and he was right! That email was for another process engineer job in another company!! I felt embarrassed but at the same time a sigh of relief. It felt so stupid that all I could do was laugh..
There you go! False alarm.. I still haven't heard anything until now. No news means good news?
It is indeed a moment to remember..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment