Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Eventful week

Went to Aust Open last Sunday (the 23rd of Jan) with Olgs and MS. Had heaps of fun.. Didn't expect that I would enjoy it as much as I did. I can't believe that I watched a tennis match live, NOT on TV! No mexican-wave but more like cheering plus catchy songs. It was also interesting that the better player during that match, Tomas sumthing, didn't have as much fans as his opponent, Fernando Vardasco (I think that's how u spell his name). So the cheering and clapping were less frequent because Fernando didn't win as much game as Tomas.

After the game, three of us had a foot SPA, massage, took photos in ANZ marquee with a massive tennis racquet. Overall, fun day (apart from the sunburn) but sadly it was the last day I would be seeing MS in Melben =((. As a matter of fact, she left this afternoon. *sob..sob*. I hope we will still keep in touch and won't lose contact.. And from the bottom of my heart, I wish her a very success career in Malaysia. Hopefully we will meet up again in the future! =D

Anyway, continuing my post... I went to Geelong Adventure Park today! Actually I was thinking of pulling out because none of my friends could make it. But luckily I went! Again, I had heaps of fun.. Canoeing, archery, sliding races (from dunno-how-high) a few times.. which I did pretty well the first two runs plus a few other slightly different water slides and relaxing ride on the "River Torrent Lazy River".

Had a bit of drama the first time I went on the last ride: almost drowned because my mini-raft capsized. Luckily I could quickly come to my senses and told myself, "Don't worry, the water is just less than 1m deep. So all u will need to do is stand up!" AND I DID. I still can remember how panic I was. I thought to myself, "omg..omg! What will happen to me? If I scream, I don't think my brother is gonna hear me coz he is ahead of me."

After almost 4 hours playing in the water, we decided to call it a day and headed to dinner. Twelve of us had a buffet-style dinner at The Gateway Hotel, filled our stomach till it maximum limit while chatting amongst ourselves.

No comments: