Friday, October 13, 2006

Update...update.. Mid Oct edision...=P

Recently I realized I had been so moody. I get annoyed so easily with everyone around me..(well, not everyone actually). It seemed to me everyone juz have no understanding with each other. Ignorant. An example? **thinking..** Let juz take yesterday's case..(it might not directly related with the topic "ignorant")

I went to two course advisors, seeking an advice in choosing subjects for summer semester and re-structure my whole course. The first advisor from Faculty of Chemical Engineering, was extremely nice. She was in the middle of sumthing (n seemed quite busy), but still happily 'entertained' Yani n me. She helped us construct a plan for our course including summer semester. Not only that, even gave us advices such as the exchange program, which university out there is good for an exchange program etc etc. Overall, I was so thankful n extremely impressed. We (Yani n me) happily walked out of the faculty office because our plan to shorten our course by 1/2 a year finally worked out (after a long talk over the phone for quite some days with Yani n Alex).

That was not my whole point actually.. Here is the climax.. At around 3PM, I went to another course advisor in Commerce faculty. My gosh..I was really..really..terribly shocked. My friend was simply not allowed to come along with me, although we are doing exactly the same course (we didnt have time to explain tho..). That was still understandable actually, but still... Anyway, my course advisor simply sat in front of me after I went to her office. She didnt ask any questions nor show any attempts to help me. Surprisingly, I was told that I couldn't do Accounting as part of my Commerce course. As far as I'm concerned, since the first day I enrolled in this uni until today, she was the only person who told me I can't do accounting. I knew what she meant was I would not qualified as CPA, professional accounting recoqnition in Australia (whatever it stands of).

My amazement had not finished yet. In our 10 minutes consultation, she didnt mention, not even once, about wat subjects I will take next semester. Gosh..is she a course advisor or juz an ornament in the Commerce faculty? I was and I am still furious about this.. Why? My parents spend how much school fees only to pay this kind of person...a person who supposed to help me and give me suggestion about my subjects selection. Yet she sat there did nothing.

Guess wat did she answer when I asked her to give me a rough idea about Finance (since I'm not too sure whether to choose Accounting or Finance)? "Oh, you should go to Finance department and ask there." What the helll....Was she actually a COURSE ADVISOR?? She didnt explain about any specific subjects order I should take so I would have studied all those prerequisites before I study 200 level subjects. She TOLD me to figure it out myself. WHAT THE HELL (again...!!!)

Let me juz dont mention anything about her anymore. Words are not enuf to describe her. Wasting my time. (I know I might sound quite cruel. But wat to do? I can't help it).

HMmMmM..
I'm still battling with myself whether to leave behind one of my double degree. I simply dont enjoy Commerce. HOWWW??? Let it go will be such disadvantage as well since I have done 4 subjects so far. And if, let's juz say if I drop Commerce, I will have 20+ contact hours per week for single Engineering degree. *sigh* Why I can't make a decision??

Oh yea, update for my tulips.. They are all dying..well, dead to be exact (yes, including the lonely red tulip) >.<" which means I have to start looking for fertilizers...Aihhh..

Before I finalize this entry, I juz wanna ask a question. Why do people always do something that benefit themselves without considering other's misfortune due to their actions? Apparently, people will do anything to earn a fortune for themselves eventhough that means other have to suffer as a consequence. Such an ignorant world...

No comments: